The National Pilot Vehicle Drivers Association Inc. was formed around 1991, following a meeting with the then Federal Minister of Transport. The Minister indicated that to achieve the results that we where seeking on a National level it would be better if a National Association was formed as the Government was and still is working towards National uniformity.It is made up of a group of people who are concerned about their future and wish to know of any changes to the industry.The Associations aims achievements thus far are:
- Safety always Promoting and developing ways to a safer industry,
- Give the piloting industry a voice to the various Authorities – Gaining recognition and an open line of communication with the Government Departments,
- Mutual Recognition – throughout the States of Australia,
- National Uniformity – The Association is working with the NTC and the various Government Departments to achieve this aim,
- Increase awareness to the motoring public of our role,
- Increase professionalism – Provide ideas and advice on WorkCover, public liability, superannuation responsibilities and various other matters.
Since the commencement of the Association it has seen a steady increase in it membership and is still growing Australia wide.
The Association Executive is made up of hard working volunteer’s whose work is to ensure that increasing profile of our industry and that the member’s best interest are always considered.
Every year the association calls for nominations for a committee members, if you feel that you have some input to help improve this Industry, please contact us by contacting the President – e: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are some of the benefits to you joining The National Pilot Vehicle Drivers Association?
- Your voice is listened to through Government channels. You are making your mark on your Industry,
- A resource of industry relevant information which is posted to the member’s area of our website, a quarterly newsletter, minutes from our AGM’s and Info Bulletins on legislation changes as and when they happen (conveyed through email),
- Contact details of various authorities and bodies, or assistance in locating those we do not list,
- Website, which has links to the various Authorities that the heavy haulage industry finds relevant,
- Updated information on the changes to State & Territory laws as they become available to the association,
- Assistance on most non-union matters but does NOT included setting of rates.
Should you require any more information please do not hesitate to contact one of our Committee Members.
There are also various types of Discounted Insurance available through the NPVDA;
- Road Pilot Public Liability Insurance, including Traffic Control
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance
Would you like to become a member of the Association?